Banoffee pie with banana and RinQuinQuin
• 1 mixer
• 1 skillet
• 1 pie circle (22 cm)
For 6 people
• One pack of speculoos (about 250 g)
• 10 g of red sugar
• 45 g of soft butter
• Depending on size 4 to 5 bananas
• 10 cl of Rinquinquin
Optional: 2 to 3 Breton patties
• 90 g of sugar
• 50 g sweet butter
• 100 g thick cream
• 185 g whole liquid cream (35% MG)
• 125 g of mascarpone
• 40 g of icing sugar
• 1 vanilla bean
1. Prepare the caramel: heat the sugar and butter in a skillet. Once the caramel is formed, add gently the crème fraîche, set aside.
2.Prepare whipped mascarpone: whisk together your liquid cream, mascarpone and vanilla bean seeds. When the mixture foams, add half of the icing sugar. Mix, then add the second half until you get a firm whipped cream. Set aside.
3. Reduce the speculoos to a blender. Add the sugar and butter and form a dough.
4. Cut the bananas into slices and add the Rinquinquin
Installation of the film:
Spread the speculoos dough on the pie bottom
Arrange Rinquinquin sprinkled bananas
Add a first layer of whipped cream
Place second layer of speculoos
Cover the Banoffee with whipped cream.
Set aside for 1 hour.
Crumble 2 or 3 Breton patties if you want to add a touch of crisp to your Banoffee
Serve on plate, add a fillet of caramel
© Photo : Bambule Media