Chicken in a Pouch with Exotic Flavors
For 6 people
• 3 tablespoons of HB pastis
• juice of one lime + a little grated zest
• 2 teaspoons of grilled pistachio oil (or olive oil)
• 2 tablespoons of liquid honey
• 1 piece of fresh ginger
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 large pinch of cumin
• 1 large pinch of Cayenne pepper (or one third of a teaspoon of harissa)
• 1 pinch of cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons of anise mustard (Fouquet)
• 6 branches of fresh coriander
• 6 upper thighs of chicken (or pieces)
• 3 tablespoons of crushed pistachios
• Salt, pepper
Recipe from the book of Pastis by Jacques Sallée and Martine Nouel
Prepare a marinade. In a deep plate, mix the HB pastis, lemon juice and its zest, oil, honey and mustard. Finely grate the ginger, then the garlic cloves, add spices. Mix well. Marinate chicken pieces in this preparation for a minimum of 15 mins.
Preheat the oven to 210°C (thermostat 7). Detach leaves from branches of coriander. Spread them on 6 rectangles of aluminum foil or cellophane wrap, place one piece of marinated chicken on each, sprinkle it with the marinade and close each pouch.
Place in the oven for 25 to 30 min., place one pouch on each plate. The guests will open them themselves to enjoy all of the flavors and will sprinkle the chicken with crushed pistachios. Serve with semolina, rice or bulgur.
© photo : book "les Pastis" from Jacques Sallée and Martine Nouel