• 700 g of fresh sardines (the fillets will be removed by the fishmonger)
• 500 g loaf of country bread
• 2 lemons
• 2 garlic cloves
• 15 cl of olive oil,
• 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar,
• 1 teaspoon of HB pastis,
• 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper,
• 1/2 teaspoon of coriander, dried oregano,
• salt, pepper.
You will have asked the baker to cut the bread into very thin slices.
Arrange the sardine fillets in a deep dish, add salt and pepper, add lemon juice, vinegar, HB pastis and coriander.
Heat in the oven.
Peel the garlic, crush it with garlic press and add oil
Arrange bread slices on the pastry slab in the oven, coat slices on one side with this flavored oil using a brush, add a little crushed garlic. Add pepper, sprinkle with oregano.
Place the oven grill on top of these slices which will make them hold their shape. Place in the oven. Remove from the oven as soon as the slices are browned.
Place in several layers one slice of very hot bread, a layer of sardines, and so on (4 to 6 slices of bread for each person).