Terrine of beef and sirloin in Farigoule, by the Leader Frédéric Payan
Ingredients for 6 to 8 people:
• 1,2kg of oxtail of the Alpes de Haute-Provence
• 150g of fat bacon
• 500g of sirloin
• ¾ slices of cured ham
• 1 egg
• 5cl of Farigoule de Forcalquier
• 50g of crushed hazelnuts
• 4 stalks of thyme
• 1 bouquet garni
• 1 onion
• 1 clove
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper of the mill.
• Put the tail of ox in a pot and cover it with water. Add an onion pricked with the clove, the bouquet garni, the salt and the pepper and let cook 1 hour.
• Prepare the rest of ingredients for the terrine by cutting the bacon in pieces; by slicing sirloins of 5mm; and by picking the leaves off the thyme.
• Take Out the tail of ox and drain it. Cut it in small pieces to mix it with the bacon, the thyme, a whole egg, and the Farigoule. Add then the crushed hazelnuts, mix, please and season salt / pepper of the mill.
• to Put your oven preheats it in 190°C. In an oiled terrine, overturn ¼ of the previous preparation. Cover with slices of sirloins and put back ¼ of preparation and again slices of nets. Go up the terrine to the top and cover it.
• In a bain-marie, put the terrine in the oven for 1 hour. Remove he its lid and position the slices of cured ham on the top and put back to the oven for 15 min.
• Take Out the terrine of the oven, let cool it before putting it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours. This one can be served with a good farmhouse bread and a salad
© Photo : Frederic Payan